Hey Everybody! Thanks for checking in!
BIG NEWS (DECEMBER 2014)!
Two people that I work with a lot have been nominated for OffBeat Awards. The incredibly talented Alex Bosworth is nominated as Best Emerging Artist. OffBeat recently said this about Alex “There’s no reason Alex Bosworth couldn’t go as far as she wants in the music industry.” Cindy Scott’s beautiful CD Historia, which has been wowing folks throughout the jazz world (as evidenced here and here) was nominated for Best Contemporary Jazz CD. In my opinion, both of these artists really earned these nominations, and I congratulate them, and hope they go on to win! If you would like to see who else was nominated, and cast a vote yourself, you can do that here.
The other big news is that both Alex Boworth’s CD and Brad Walker’s CD are out now and ready for you to purchase, listen to and love. I play on both of them and also produced/co-produced both of them. I am very proud of these two artists for caring so deeply about their music, and for putting out records that are musically and technically brilliant, and also intensely individual and heart-felt.
TOURS IN THE WORKS
Please touch base if you would like to book one of these groups for a show, festival, concert, clinic or house concert.
- Doing a short run to San Diego/LAX with Cindy Scott January 8 - 11, 2015
- Bangalore, India with Evan Christopher Late February, 2015
- Organic Trio quicky March 1 - 9, 2015
- Organic Trio Southern blast April 1 - 11, 2015
- Alex Bosworth late May/early June ’15 East Coast trip
- Cindy Scott late June/Early July ’15 in Europe
- Will be in the Northwest with Cindy in the second half of July, 2015
- Early August ’15 with Alex Bosworth
- Late September ’15 with Cindy Scott in the Midwest
- Late Fall ’15 Organic Trio in Europe
- Late March/Early April 2016 Europe and Central Asia with Cindy Scott
Thanks to the people that keep me sounding good with their fine products: Mesa Boogie
, D'Addario Strings
, Bryan Galloup Guitars
and Robert Keeley Effects
Stuff You Can Look Forward To:
That’s all for now,
ps: I started an email list thing a while ago, the big plan being
to send out my news and my gig list about once a month. So far I’ve
sent out exactly one mailing! I swear I will get it together eventually.
So, if you want to take the chance that one day you might get something, click these words.
If, at some point, you become terminally swamped by electronic correspondences
(which at the rate I’m going could never happen!), you can un-sign
up too, the convenient and automatic disconnect link comes with every email!
Also, you have the option of letting me know where you are, so I won't bother
you with gig notices for stuff nowhere near you.
STUFF TO CHECK OUT!!
The Organic Trio Home Remembered
Paul Wiltgen & The Paislies
Martin Urbach’s Free Will
Cindy Scott’s Let the Devil Take Tomorrow
Jirka Hala’s Make You Wanna Hala