Hey Everybody! Thanks for checking in!
BIG NEWS (April 2014)!
The Organic Trio CD Home Remembered is moving up the JazzWeek Radio charts!
So nice to know that people all around the country are getting to listen to this band.
Here’s some of the stations that are spinning us:
- RadioIO Suite of Jazz Channels, Wilkesboro, NC
- KEWU/Jazz, Cheney, WA
- WNMC, Traverse City, MI
- WWSP, Stevens Point, WI
- Jazz from Gallery 41, Berkeley, CA
- WWUH, West Hartford, CT
- WYCE, Grand Rapids, MI
- Jazz 91.7 KRTU, San Antonio, TX
- Taintradio.org, Greenfield, MA
- WTJU, Charlottesville, VA
- WRIR-FM, Richmond, VA
- WICN 90.5 FM, Jazz PLUS for New England, Worcester, MA
- HPR-2 (Hawai'i Public Radio)/Evening Jazz, Honolulu, HI
- WSHA 88.9FM, Raleigh, NC
- WWOZ, New Orleans, LA
- WCVE Public Radio, Richmond, VA
If you’re in any of these markets, please call up and make a request. And - if there’s a jazz station in your neighborhood that is not playing it yet - please give them a call. We’ve sent discs to over a 100 stations, so they’re probably just waiting on you!
Close to finishing brilliant records by both Alex Bosworth and Brad Walker. Look for them soon. I am very proud of both of these discs, they have everything I wish for in great music: they’re very personal and sincere, they have wonderful compositions, killing players AND stellar sound. Hooray!
Cindy Scott’s new disc, Historia, is out, and she’s also charting hard. Make sure you get a chance to listen to it. Although I am only playing on three tunes, I feel like a big part of this disc, it includes tunes and arrangements by me as well as some of the other things we’ve been working together on since the last record.
SUPER-COOL UPCOMING GIGS
- French Quarter Festival - Thursday, April 10 with the Organic Trio
- PearlFest @ Pearl Wine Bar - Sunday, April 27 in Concert with Cindy Scott
- GuitarFest @ Bamboola - Tuesday, April 29 with an amazing collection of New Orleans guitarists
- PearlFest @ Pearl Wine Bar - Saturday, May 3 in Concert with Alex Bosworth
Thanks to the people that keep me sounding good with their fine products: Mesa Boogie
, D'Addario Strings
, Bryan Galloup Guitars
and Robert Keeley Effects
Stuff You Can Look Forward To:
That’s all for now,
ps: I started an email list thing a while ago, the big plan being
to send out my news and my gig list about once a month. So far I’ve
sent out exactly one mailing! I swear I will get it together eventually.
So, if you want to take the chance that one day you might get something, click these words.
If, at some point, you become terminally swamped by electronic correspondences
(which at the rate I’m going could never happen!), you can un-sign
up too, the convenient and automatic disconnect link comes with every email!
Also, you have the option of letting me know where you are, so I won't bother
you with gig notices for stuff nowhere near you.
STUFF TO CHECK OUT!!
The Organic Trio Home Remembered
Paul Wiltgen & The Paislies
Martin Urbach’s Free Will
Cindy Scott’s Let the Devil Take Tomorrow
Jirka Hala’s Make You Wanna Hala